Front Office Management for the Veterinary Team, 3rd Edition
by Heather Prendergast
- UPDATED! Chapters include the most current information on team leadership, veterinary ethics and legal issues, human resources, and finance management.
- UPDATED! Coverage of technology and procedures includes new computer screen shots and new photos.
- Comprehensive coverage of front office skills includes telephone skills, appointment scheduling, admitting and discharging patients, and communicating with clients.
- Review questions and suggested activities reinforce important concepts presented in each chapter.
- Coverage of clinical assisting ranges from examinations and history taking for patients to kennels and boarding procedures, as well as radiology and laboratory procedures.
- Veterinary Ethics and Legal Issues chapter helps you protect the practice, and run an office based on ethical principles.
- An Evolve companion website lets you practice front office tasks with exercises in bookkeeping/accounts receivable, appointment management, and charting.
- Downloadable working forms offer practice in completing sample checks, laboratory forms, and incident reports.
- Information on electronic banking and tax forms ensures that you adhere to the latest financial guidelines.
- Information on security in office communication covers the most current methods of safe, electronic communication.
- Practice Point boxes highlight practical information to remember while on the job.
- Veterinary Hospital Managers Association (VHMA) Critical Competencies are highlighted in each chapter.
- NEW! Strategic Planning chapter discusses how to strategically plan for the successful future of the veterinary hospital, and will include details on growing the practice, planning the workforce, meeting consumer needs, and increasing the value of the practice.
- NEW! The Leadership Team chapter discusses how leadership affects the paraprofessional staff, provides suggestions for effective leadership strategies, and methods to set expectations for employees, including attracting and retaining employees, leveraging, empowering and driving employee engagement.
- NEW! Standard Operating Procedures provides a checklist of important tasks associated with that chapter that must be addressed/completed in the veterinary practice setting.