Aquaculture: An Introductory Text, 3rd Edition
by Robert R Stickney
Providing a broad and readable overview of the subject, this updated third edition of Aquaculture: An Introductory Text covers issues associated with sustainable aquaculture development, culture systems, hatchery methods, nutrition and feeding of aquaculture species, reproductive strategies, harvesting and many other topics. While its main focus is on the culture of fish, molluscs and crustaceans for food, the book also covers other forms of aquaculture, such as the production of seaweeds, recreational fish and ornamental species, and live foods such as algae and rotifers that are used to feed larval shrimp and marine fish.
Thoroughly updated and revised, the third edition of this essential textbook now includes:
- Increased coverage of species under culture
- Increased scope to cover species for enhancement, recreational fishing, commercial fishing and aquaria
- Newly developed culture systems
- Information on predictive impacts of climate change
- Updated aquaculture production statistics
Aquaculture remains one of the most rapidly growing agricultural disciplines and this book remains an essential resource for all students of aquaculture and related disciplines.