An Atlas of Interpretative Radiographic Anatomy of the Dog and Cat, 2nd Edition
Praise for the First Edition:
“I doubt that anyone whose duties include interpreting radiographs of dogs and cats could fail to find this book useful.” -Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery
“It is an invaluable reference guide for experienced and inexperienced radiologists alike” – Kate Bradley, University of Bristol
The authors begin with extensive projections of plain radiographs, of skeletal and soft tissue anatomical areas. They additionally include a series of the more commonly employed contrast studies. Detailed observations of the normal range of variations seen in the juvenile animal, and between different breeds, are provided. The range of anatomical variations commonly encountered in veterinary practice are described. In addition, a selection of the more common radiographic “pitfalls” appears alongside the “normal” radiograph, aiding diagnosis and interpretation. The book is illustrated throughout with numerous interpretative line and schematic drawings.
- Definitive reference guide to the normal radiographic anatomy of the cat and dog for the small animal practitioner
- Over 550 radiographic images analysed and explained
- Revised contents and page headers for easy-reference
- Use of line drawings to trace radiographic shadows
- Comprehensive single-volume reference for the veterinary practitioner
Building on the achievements of the first edition, this second edition consolidates and improves on the earlier work:
- Over 50 new figures have been added, and the quality of existing images has been enhanced;
- There are new guidance line drawings and tables for radiographic sizes;
- Detailed contents are included at the head of each section for easy reference;
With over forty years of experience between them, the authors have produced an invaluable reference atlas for the veterinary practitioner. This book is suitable for general and referral based practitioners, undergraduates or postgraduate veterinary surgeons.
PDF 132.3 MB